The TPI-219 Instructional Helium Porosimeter is a basic teaching grade instrument for gas porosimetry using the Boyle's law technique. The manually operated instrument includes a stand alone grain volume chamber with insert sets for both 1” and 1.5” cores up to 3” in length. An accurate pressure transducer and readout are used to monitor pressure and the system includes a small pressure adjustment regulator for reliable accurate results. The system can also be attached to an optional Hassler or hydrostatic coreholder (please request separate quote from Coretest Systems) for determining pore volume in rock plugs under confining stress. The simple system requires only a small amount of bench space and is very easy to use and understand in operation. The operation manual provides concise procedures with detailed formulas and instruction photos. An ExcelTM spreadsheet template is included for easy calculation.
• Low cost helium porosimeter
• Specially designed for university petroleum engineering laboratories.
• Grain volume chamber for 1” and 1.5” diameter samples, up to 3” in length.
• Can be attached to an optional coreholder for pore volume measurements under confining stress.
• When utilized with a weighing balance (available as an option), grain density measurements can be made with an accuracy better than 0.05 gm/cm3.